Skyfora helps measure, predict, and adapt to extreme weather caused by climate change with next-generation AI-powered weather intelligence solutions. This enables better preparedness, improved decision-making, and reduced risk for businesses and human lives. We are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer to be part of this exciting journey.
Who we are and what we do?
Skyfora is at the forefront of weather intelligence, based in Helsinki, Finland. The company has a drive for innovation and a dedication to advance meteorological research. Skyfora proudly leverages AI in improved weather forecasts optimised for industries affected by weather. It also develops state-of-the-art weather instruments and novel patented weather data gathering methods.
We are in a very interesting phase of growth with our groundbreaking technology having already achieved great milestones. Our instruments are being used in real hurricanes by the world´s most renowned hurricane researchers and AI Weather Forecasts are used by companies in the sectors of renewable energy and insurance. We have also recently won the EIC Accelerator grant of 2.5 million EUR and are currently growing our core team in Helsinki.
Who are we looking for?
We are in search of an experienced and hands-on Senior Engineer to help develop our AI Weather Forecast platform and to secure successful delivery of AI Weather Forecast projects. You will have a pivotal role in designing and implementing the platform used for AI Weather Forecasts and customer-specific projects. In our small yet dynamic company, we’re looking for someone who is not only enthusiastic staying abreast of industry movements and best practices but also deeply committed to hands-on development. As the team grows this role will have a lot of growth opportunity depending on the applicant´s ambitions.
- Proven 5+ years of software and system development experience, ideally within the realm of AI-based products.
- Demonstrable back-end proficiency with front-/full stack experience being a big bonus.
- Hand-on experience with leading cloud solutions GCP, AWS, and/or Azure
- Data Lake, Data Warehouse and Database expertise
- DevOps and, ideally MLOps is considered a strong bonus.
- Track record of developing a product or platform to market.
- We work with meteorological data, so having prior experience in either weather data or mathematical modelling would be a significant advantage.
Why join us?
- Impact: With us, you get to be part of building pioneering solutions that respond to the operational and humanitarian requirements caused by climate change.
- Technology: You will have a chance to work with technology that is unique, proprietary, and bleeding edge.
- Culture: You will be working with a supportive, highly ambitious, yet fun-loving, and entrepreneurial team with minimal bureaucracy. We value the well-being of our staff and a healthy work life balance. We aim to make sure that every team member feels valued and happy in Skyfora.
- Compensation: Competitive salary with stock options because we want you to be part of our journey.
If you are passionate about pushing boundaries, exploring uncharted territories, and want to be part of a dynamic team, then this is the place for you. Together, we will continue to redefine what is possible.
Contact details and additional information:
For inquiries and submitting your application & CV, please reach out to:
admin (at) Skyfora.com
Additionally, we have dedicated phone slots available to reach CEO Fredrik Borgström (Tel. +358 40 564 4498) at the following times:
- Friday, November 3rd, 2023 from 1 to 4 pm
- Friday, November 10th, 2023 from 1 to 4 pm
Please apply the latest by November 15th, 2023. The position may also be filled prior to the latest application date if a suitable candidate is found.
Skyfora is a trailblazer in weather technology, dedicated to pushing the boundaries of meteorological innovation. The company’s patented Telecom GNSS Meteorology technology was awarded the highly competitive EIC Accelerator grant for its global impact and game-changing technology. Skyfora also provides AI weather forecasts optimized for industrial customers and develops ultralight weather instruments used by NOAA.